It was so annoying when the XP antivirus keep on popping out saying they detected defect on my system. They said I was infected by trojan la, spyware la, virus la, and every transaction I did like e-banking will be insecure. So I installed Kaspersky and scanned my whole system and the No.1 software failed to detect anything for me. But the XP antivirus kept bugging me with zilion of pop up saying my system was infected. SHIT. Feeling irritated, I searched for the UNINSTALL button to stop all this hassle. I just cant take it anymore with more than 5 pop up every hour. I must UNINSTALL this freaking antivirus that claimed itself free but only for evaluatiton purpose only, but not to clear the threat! I tried Add/Remove Program but it does not work for me. So how? Jeng Jeng Jeng, I googled for the solution la. So I came across a website and I found out, the XPAntiVirus is rogue antivirus software, they will install threat-alike file on your system when the antivirus is installed through your windows update.When runs, the displays false results as a tactic to scare you into purchasing the software. IDIOT Brillant huh??
So now, let me how I remove that kedekut(evaluation) antivirus so it will bug any of our life no more.
1. You have to download this software to your Desktop FixXPAV
2. Reboot your system to Safe Mode. Make sure you login with administrator priviledge.
3. On the Safe Mode, click Start and select Run option.
4.In the Open: field type C:\Program Files\ and then press the OK button
5.When the folder appears, if it says These files are hidden, click on the Show the contents of this folder option
6.When the C:\Program Files\ folder opens, look through the list of folders and when you find the folder named XPAntivirus. Click Once on it and hit DELETE button on your keyboard.
7.Reboot your computer back to normal mood
8.Go to Desktop and double clicked on the FixXPAV.reg file. When it asks if you would like to merge the information, press the Yes button and then the OK button when it is done.
9.Delete the following files and folders (if exist):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\XP antivirus\
C:\program files\XPAntivirus\ (This folder should already be gone from previous steps)
Also, delete XPAntiVirus icom form your Quick Launch.
10.Reboot your system again(normal mood).
11. Scan with Panda Online
10.The Panda Online will delete whatever left there and *bling* your system is free of XP Anti Virus. Use alternative Anti Virus instead.
If you get stuck in any of the step above, click here. They guided me! ^_^
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Uninstall XP Anti Virus
Posted by yirolee at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment