When I was showering this morning, I found out that I actually missed the time I work as part-times in Genting Highlands. Most probably it was because of the cool morning when I wake up and found out that the heater is not hot enough and it unconsciously remind me the everlasting hot water heater in Genting RSC6(basement). Ya If you still cant get what is RSC6, it is actually the girl hostel for the staff of Resort World Berhad, a.k.a Genting staff la :) RSC6 is situated directly below Genting Hotel. If you still cant get it, look for the gigantic Coca-Cola, or Energizer from Outdoor Theme Park, ya, one of the girl hostel is there. right behind the Huge Coca-Cola, or Energizer. If you doubt that basement is a good place to stay, then I can tell you, stop your imagination of basement as car park, ohhss...dont compare basement of Genting Hotel with Lowyat Plaza basement carpak k. That is a distance of heaven and hell allright.
So let me start from the very first day. It was the last day of examination of the trimester. So now you wonder, Multimedia University longest holiday is 3 weeks, how could I managed to work for that short period le? Well, what I can tell you is, 3 weeks is not the longest holiday of MMU, we actually was lucky to have a 2 months holiday on the year of 2005, to accommodate the new income from National Service, so we need to postpone the date of the first trimester to a later date, that was it!
I was actually asked to report to Wed, ya it was Wednesday I still can remember it, which was also the final day of my examination. Yala, you want to say I am money-minded :p but I am not actually, because I choose to postpone the reporting day a week later. lols. I dont really dare to call Resort World Berhad, my younger sis did that for me actually. Hiihiii...So I had some fun with my friends during that few last day of the trimester before heading home for a rest.
7 days passed easily. It was another Wed, it was the reporting day. I took an afternoon express bus to KL from Mentakab, then I change to a somehow lau yah bus to Genting Highlands from Titiwangsa Bus Station. I did all these all alone k..with one damn so huge and heavy backpack with another also huge hand carried bag. Sighs. I also forgotten what I had brought. Thinking back, I actually felt I am damn super to do that all alone, I am Super Tough Woman ;-)
So I met up a friend and we went to HR office for reporting. So, we went to join in the already packed like sardine HR room, making it ever packer :p with our damn so big luggage, waiting for our name to be called -_-" Until now I can still remember how stuffy was the room, with so so so many new staff carrying their big ass bags. Most of them were young, after SPM I guess. Waited like 2 hours and we finally got our hostel room key. Unfortunetly, or fortunetly I got a different room with my friend. We went to our hostel's office, and get our key to our difference room. We asked to change to same room, but the officer said we can do so after that to which I doubt.
We went to our room and placed our belongings before meeting up to attend the first orientation seminar. Ya, you does not heard me wrong, there was an ORIENTATION, oh ya if you haven't know I got a job as Service Crew in Be A Star Karaoke. By the way, service crew is just a better words to substitute the tittle of waitress. So yeah, I was a Karaoke Service Crew in Genting. I was promised a basic salary of RM460. Very low indeed, but the HR personnel did said after Service Point and Allowance, I will get more than RM1100 per month which was a *yay for me.
I wanted to shower before attending the orientation, which I did not managed to do because I was damn super clumsy left my UNDERGARMENTS at home, I left my set of bras and panties at home. Tell me how am I going to survive the month with only a pair of I am already wearing under garment. Holy Shitty.
As a result, I got to put on my thick face to borrow from my friend who was wearing the same size with me. Thanks God, thanks Headquarter! At least I got another clean pair to change everyday.
Allright, we went to the so-called orientation. The orientation room was a really grand one, you will never expect our lower class of employment will get to attend orientation in a dimmed room, lecture hall with descending seats equipped with a large projector and microphone. Who will thought of that? Indeed Resort World was nominated as The Best Staff Facilities in Malaysia, not related pun with the orientation :p Indeed, they really need to have such room, because the turn over rate there is great. They had more than 200 of new hired every weeks, regardless of the job position. They even had their own anthem, "Resort World, Resort World" which we sang every morning during the orientation. Oh, saying so I had revealed that the orientation is more than a day. Hmm, to cut it short, we had orientation for 3 days which include almost everything related to the admission, staff admission to work there such as procedure, EPF, security, leave application, where to report to uniform collection.
Speaking about uniform, they had a really huge room that they stored every each uniform for every job tittle. From goupier, chef, security, butler, waitress, they had it! Even the black pants and skirts was in a pile for us to choose the right size. Cool isn't??
I shall stop now before this post getting too long. Shall reserve the rest in the coming post.
The next post, I will reveal my first day I work, the staff foodcourt and their award winning staff facilities. Remember to come back o ;-)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Being a staff of Resort World Bhd a.k.a Genting Highlands Part1
Posted by yirolee at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahaha.. it's so different from my time! it's been donkeys years ago.. n i m now living in spore for so many years since then.. but i really missed those moments.. "those were the days"!
im still working ay resort world, i hate orientation very very much.The hr personnel is not very fgood how to handling people.especially at hr dept(beside meeting point).
Post a Comment