Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DIY Manicure:Dot dot manicure

I got 2 new design (konon) of manicure. Hopefully this will last me for long lols. After so many practices, I am still so so bad in painting my right hand. So a cool solution I got for these designs is to get a GOOD helper aka. my sis xD. Brillant right??? Allright, lets start first tutorial on nail manicure today. First of all, go and buy a lots lots lots lots colourful nail polish first hehehh...
Okla, first of first, get the items before starting

1. Base coat and top coat
2. White color polish

3. Bright pick color polish

4. A toothpick
5. Sufficient amount of polish remover and cotton
(for faulty removal la of course!)



Winter Strawberry and Spring Blooms

Winter Strawberry: Very easy, apply Base Coat and let it dry. Apply a white color polish. Draw the edge with one or two strokes using the pink polish. Start dottting on the white surface using toothpick. Make sure the polish is 100% dry before applying top coat.
Tips:
The only layer of white polish might look uneven, it should be allright after the pink dotting.
To avoid pink dots to become to thick, pour some of the polish out to a piece of paper and take the dot from there instead of dipping the toothpick inside the bottle of polish

Spring blooms: Apply Base Coat. Start with five pink dots, sort of making a circle, on all five nails. Dot the center of the circle with white polish. Let it dry and apply topcoat.
Tips:
This is the one down by the helper aka my sis, hoho.. I am bad in paiting using my left hands la.




For more information, I was using BASE COAT from The Face Shop, White Color Polish from Elianto, Bright Pink from i-dunno-the brand from Watson, the bottle is in star shape and Top Coat from Skin Food. The best polish I tried before is Skin Food, smooth and quick dry and the price is reasonable at RM 8.80. Elianto nail polish is bad, but its cheap at RM5 per bottle, i have a white and black color of it, only for drawing use only, not for painting the whole nails.

0 comments: