Monday, March 30, 2009

Redang Trip 19.03.09- 22.03.09 Part 1

Long awaited Redang vacation came finally. After more than 6 months securing an RM128 return ticket of MAS, we finally step(i mean, fly) to Redang hooray. Nowadays, holiday does not come after you can ensure you will be release from work on that few days. The holiday come right after you type in your 16 digits credit card, together with your that 3 evil number on the back of credit card(CRV la!) to purchase some kickass offer from airlines. Tell me it is not kickass when you get to buy MAS flight ticket at Rm128(return sumore wey!)

The odd of this trip is that three of us decided to screw the 'buffer' day to extend our stay in Redang. And I tell you it worth every seconds of it babeh~! The next trip, you gotta make sure you take an extension pheww....('buffer' day means the day you use to rest at home, normally on sunday before you resume to work on monday. And screwing 'buffer' day means you fly back only to have a night sleep and voila you need to go to work the next very day )


Photobucket



The flight itself took 55 minutes, which was surprisingly short. It felt like it started to land right after the boarding of the flight. I wondered the cabin crew have enough time to collect all the refreshment cups before the plane started to land lol.

Photobucket
Malaysian Airlines light snacks. I checked the price of Zip Nutty Crunch at Sultan Mahmud Airport's, it was RM3.20. Not bad, not bad. The peanuts packaging is a little misleading, because the real stuff was those local nuts with some curry flour covering.

Once arrival, we were greeted by some agency holding a cardboard with their resort name on it. We spotted "Laguna Resort" and we were told to find our car outside the airport. 2288, was our car plate number. I still prefer someone holding the board of "Miss Esther"(just like the one in Bali), speak about recognition here lol. We reached jetty to found out we need to wait for 11.30am ferry, and that was 1.5 hours away. That was fine for me, because I took that time to explore a bit of Kuala Terengganu. Not exactly explore la, just that I walked damn far from the jetty to buy a bottle of mineral water to come to a mini morning market(which was actually a big pasar, it is another story btw) and and while I still failed to locate a decent bottle of mineral water, I settled for a cup of fresh sugar cane drink which was surprisingly good and refreshing :)

11.30am came pretty fast and we flocked the jetty gate impatiently to be told "Let the Kerabat Diraja go in first" and I was like "Allright, whatever " And now when I think back, I am like wtf, is this what we call "hak equaliti", I didn't pay for the trip is it?!? Haiya, Kerabat Diraja no need to squeeze ferry with us la, the resort should had send a yatch for them la wey. Sharing ferry ride with rakyat biasa not menpersiasuikan meh? Whatever(bitchy tone a bit ;) )

The ferry transfer took freaking two long hours. The scenery was good all along the ride, but the air ventilation wasn't. At some moment, I felt like throwing out, not because of the bumpy ride, but because of the sucky air ventilation or maybe lousy aircond. But anyway, we were quite grateful because the resort has their own jetty that also means we do not need to wet our feet at all. The first glance of the jetty, I somehow felt a little disappointed because the jetty was polluted, and we saw no sandy beach, no fishes swimming around. So potong steam like feeling la, until the tour guide announced "The paradise is not here, your paradise is inside'. Relieved a little, with some weird growling sound from every stomach there, we waited


Photobucket
for a briefing wtf. OMGWTFBBQ. A briefing when I was still sea sick, a damn bla bla bla when my stomach was growing '"Krouk krouukkk kroukk" and I tell you show me my lunch will be the happiest thing that can happen(at that time). But no! Another round of waiting of check in procedure with some funny colour asam boi welcome drink had to torture me :(

And finally we get our beloved meal voucher and off we marched to the dining area to hunt for the first meal at Redang. Nothing too fancy about the food eventhough the buffet selection was quite wide. Went to collect our room keys and luggages, off we rushed to locate our room and to change into swimming outfit because snorkelling took place at 3pm while we had just arrive at dining hall at 2pm. Walao weh this cannot be lo.

Photobucket
The girls room with four single beds

Photobucket
The corridor

Photobucket
Our room at 501 & 503, take right

Photobucket
The reception hall and dining area(upper floor) we had all our meals that three days


Photobucket
These two fellas had a nap by the beach after the snorkelling session which I ate my kacang garuda, tim tam and cuttle fish snacks

Photobucket
Night came, we went to this overrated place and I took a lousy I am sure my hand shakes photo

And we went to Redang Beach cafe and listened to some local chinese band pop songs while downing some not cold enough Kampai at RM13. It was fun despite the Kampai. Everyone went to sleep on their bed(Oh did i tell that we were giving connecting room, so all problems on room dividing were solved), tell me it was not a waste because no one sleep on the King size bed on the guy room. Reason 1: Both guys do not want to sleep together on one bed. Reason 2: The bed not suitable for light sleeper, especially of low endurance of snore LOL
I don't know what is the reason, I can't sleep well, despite I was really tired of the day activity. I woke up having a mild headache(coz i slept near to TV? the radiation?), even before my alarm started to ring at 6.30am. Good maybe, because I was on time for sunrise :)

Photobucket
First sunrise by the beach

Photobucket
I found the love coral :) but Huijiun said it is bleeding love -.-


Photobucket
Sunrise companion, I actually dragged him(literally) out of bed so that he can protect me from getting kidnapped. Lame I know. Okla, he was the one suggested watching sunrise actually. So, we both was stuck outside because we did not bother to bring the keys out. Each room only has a key, which is used to turn on the electricity. No good, no good. That also implies that the whole heck of room need to go in and out of room together-gether. Else, no light, no air-cond, no tv!

Photobucket
Favaurite breakfast, don't assume I am a small eater yet. This is just 20%of my servings. I actually had, 2 glasses of orange, a plate of above, 2 mini paos, 2 bowls of cereals and I felt that were not even enough hahaha. Lots of variety, I actually missed out local delicacies such as Nasi Lemak, Rendang, Porridge, Mee Goreng, Mihun GOreng, Nasi Goreng, Ayam Masak merah and much more. I guess I am western breakfsat fetish huh?!


Photobucket
The view of dining hall from my seat

Photobucket
Yeehaa, this is my favourite spot despite it was a little too hot at 8am. Absorption of Vitamin E weeeee.......

Photobucket
Saw lots of this cute creature running around the resort


Photobucket
This is taken lunch time, my pink camera needs bright light for good quality pictures

Photobucket
Twins in blue huh?!

Photobucket
awwww.....serve me a cool coconut drink please...awwww


Photobucket
BBq dinner time, had a lots of satay and keropok lekor and they BBQ chicken wings beat Yuen's

Photobucket
The baked potatoes are default, available at every meal :(

There go the second night. The third day I started early because I ran from the room before everyone got ready. Together with HuiJiun, I took my trusty but lousy(to campare with hers) camera to take some scenery photo. Am not sure how, we ended at this peaceful Redang Reef resort and lepak-ed there for a good time.

Photobucket


Photobucket
My "unique" eggy style manicure at buaian

Photobucket
Another good if not best meal, the breakfast! Also the last meal we took at Redang Laguna

Photobucket
She spotted a love and she was spotted going some local traditional dance lol


Photobucket
Invisible beach volleyball Take #1

Photobucket
Take #2, and many more in Photobucket lol

Photobucket
Girls camwhoring

Photobucket
Prepare to check out lo, also means checking in to another resort for three of us :)


Photobucket
I almost forgot to take the bathroom photos, I am blogger wannabe mah!?

Photobucket
Messy room needs room service :)

Photobucket
The one proper group photo of us ;) Bye bye Laguna Redang Island Resort ;-(






0 comments: