The previous post ended at the orientation, for 3 days. I was asked to report myself to the HR on the fourth day so that they can bring me to my workplace, if I do not know where yet. So, we, ya, there was another guy also to report to the same workplace. The two of us waited impatiently while chit chatting a bit on our background. Wow, Joe was a captain in the karaoke in Singapore, he had lots of amazing story that I had never heard. The person in charge came and we two waded to the workplace.
The first thing I noticed at the new workplace was the handsome supervisor(I thought), he briefed us on the regulation and made us sign some on some paper. And we were brought to the bar counter and we will be runner on the first day of work. If you havent get me, runner has the task exactly the same as waitress. When order came, from an order machine, the bar tender will make the beverage and we need to put it on the tray, poke a straw in and off we go to the guest room and serve the drink. And one lousy rule there was, every each time we served something to a room, we need them to make a signature on the receipt. One word, STUPIDITY. Oh, did I mention the bar tender that day was friendly and good looking too =D
Basically, the staff was divided to 4 groups:A,B,C and D. On the first two days I was placed with group A, all those friendly people. They loved to talk. I like to work with them. The also reminded me to not to offense anyone from Group C, which consists of all "old bird", staff that had been working there for more than one year. So the Group C was the big brother in the workplace la. Everything was fun, until we(the newcomer) were asked to attend another group briefing. I was so shocked that I am placed to Group C. Die, die , die. And while that was announce, i caught a glimpse stunned face on the face of people around too. I felt like being pushed to HELL. I better watch my back :-(
Friday, August 15, 2008
Being a staff of Resort World Bhd a.k.a Genting Highlands Part 2
Posted by yirolee at 8:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow, i enjoyed reading your blog. Could you tell me about the working life in genting? I applied for the Public Relation and communication post recently=)
Post a Comment