Friday, January 13, 2006

Hallo, ich bin Esther

German paper is less than 7 hours away. German, a very interesting class. My class is a very small one, just 9 of us. The lecturer get to know every each of us in person. Initially, I was quite in nervous during the class because I had to voice out more than 3 times in every lecture. That is quite "arrghhh, why me again..oh no!" But very soon, right before Miss Katrin left us for German, i used to be natural during the class. On the spot questioning is no longer a huge problem for me. We used to laugh alot during the class. I will never forget how Miss Katrin demonstrate the word "geboren" aka born. She is kind enough to answer all our lamest question about Germany. Through her, we got to have a closer look of Germany, which sounded like a very peaceful city where peoples are inactive at night. That means no yamcha, no movie and the most interesting part, they cook always and their main transportation is Fahrrad aka bicycle! Unfortunely Miss Katrin left us at the middle of the course. Then very soon, she is replaced by a Malay lecturer, Frau Zarina who are quite plump physically. At first I really do not really like the way she distribute the lecture. It is because since in the first class I found out that she use more Bahasa Melayu to conduct the lecture. I was like "hey, this is university madam. use english ok", but of course i did not voice it out. Well, she turned out to be a quite funny and friendly lecturer. And I cannot deny that she had a better pronountation, maybe because she is not a native German speaker. From her, we got to know how to twist our tongue for a better pronountation. She is quite efficient too, she called every each of us just to tell us where and when is our replacement class. She even sms-ed us for the coursemaark. The sms sounded as follows:

"Esther, ur carry mark is 35.5.
Pls study verbs
conjugation. Look at the
pvs papers that we'd
done. G luck! Frau zarina "

This is just so sweet (is this a correct word I doubt). Shall I call her during the holiday so that she will give me an extra mark *lolz lolz*

Anyway, thanks a lot to Miss Katrin and Frau Zarina for enlighten me during this 2 months German course. Danke

1 comments:

narrowband said...

Yeah that's just really sweet of her. My leturer couldn't afford to treat us like that, there were just too many of us. The paper was quite hard! But I am relieved that it's over!