Friday, May 23, 2008

What do you need to apply Malaysia passport

I finally got my international passport last week. So, here is the list that you need to check before proceeding to the immigration office.

  • Self printed passport application form from here (this is to speed up the process, alternatively you can buy the form from the immigration office)


  • 2 copies of passport photo (one for their reference, another for to stick on your passport la)


  • 1 copy of Birth Certificate (must bring the original also, MUST! I didnt bring mine, and the officer do not let me to apply wth, i got identity card, of course I have a Birth Certificate la, stupiak)


  • 1 copy of Identity Card (must bring the original also la)


  • Cash: RM300 (gone there my savings of the month -_-")

For extra information, passport can be collected after 2 hours you pay the cash. So the is no much waiting time. I went to the immigration office early morning, there is not much people there. Provided if I brought all the items listed, it only took a few minutes excluding the 2 hours after to collect the passport. Yay! I can fly now.


6 comments:

thevalleygirl said...

hi

just wondering, which immigration department you went to ?

subang airport one?

yirolee said...

I actually purposely went back to apply in my hometown Pahang.

Anonymous said...

only first time applicant need to bring BC
quoting from the immigration site :
"ALL of first time PMA application should be together with birth certificate."

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_PasportMsia.asp

Fishing Rules said...

nice information thanks

Anonymous said...

may i know if im just 2O years old can i do the international passport without my parents with me.. tq

Anonymous said...

if i lost my birth certificate how......