Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Convocation 2007

Date: 12 AUGUST 2007
Venue: Grand Hall, Multimedia University



It had been so long ago since I got up so early in the morning. I set my handphone so that it will beeps at 6.30am, yes....6.30am in the morning, so that I will enough time to put on my shirt and dull black pant, I do not even bother to make up. Anyway, I was then waken up by my dad call, who come to pick me and my sista in Cheras. "Still sleeping? We almost reach already. Your place......" i was like "o..okok", then "shit! how come my alarm didnt beep!!" ran to washroom and gosok my gigi and wash my face. O, then only my alarm beeps and I woke up my sis and continue to dress up. Dad called several times for asking the direction, which frustrated me a little, I told myself "Dont blame him, today is my big day anywhere, smile, smile and smile. They woke up much earlier to me afterall". They woke as early as 4pm just to drive 2 hours from my home jus purposely for my this big day. And I am so glad that mum actually ordered lilies for me from the "no much choices" florist in my hometown. Then we had our breakfast in Cheras, and rush to Cyberjaya. Reached campus at 8.05, we thought we were late until we noticed there were still quite a number of people just reach. I rushed to XR1003 to meet Hanni, but she was not there. Perhaps it was already too late, some lecturer was shouting "FOE, please move to Grand Hall in 2 minutes!!!". OMG, just pointed the parent entrance to dad and mum and off I ran to Gradute entrance. Oh, before entering some one give me a stalk a rose, after the convo only I get to know that stalk was from our FOE dean.


I got into the hall, and being seated the second last row of my faculty, with verified me that I was late. To my luck, Ann was behind me. Sitting together, we took photo and glance so many times into Ann's mirror to make sure that my mortar board was in the right place, my hand not covering my face, bla bla bla...Saw one by one of friends went up the stage to get their scroll. Then was my turn. Honestly, I knew where the live video cam was, my sis said that they saw me smilling like idiot at the cam. Haahhahahha........Then end of FOE session, the last person that went up the stage get the loudest applause. 2 more faculty to go, really cant wait to get out of the hall. The ceremony ended with Negaraku and Permata Dunia.


Wow, I was terribly lots people waiting outside the grand hall. It was good that I had already told my parents and siblings to gather at Garden Party by following the sign board. We managed to gather in 5 minutes. Shyan had reached also from Genting, she bought me one pretty flower also(to my surprise, she made it herself). We took one photo, mind you is only ONE, and it started to rain cats and dogs
Note the direction of their eyes




We ran to the nearest FOE corridor. Thanks god no one is there to squeeze with us there. Most of my friends was still finding their parents in the crowd. We waited for the rain to stop and took some photos of course. Then we moved to the canopy and makan all the cakes,cookies and kuih there. We makan all we wanted, because no one was there except the catering workers and our beloved FOE dean. I even asked my dad to go shake hand with our dean. I am not an active student nor good in academic student, but whats wrong if my family and I took a photo with dean. Plus, he was so free on that time . Guess that he was waiting all his beloved Golden Key diamonds to take photo with him. But I get the priority first: because I was there before you all....hehee........






Except the heavy rain, the convocation was really a great one. It was fun because I get to meet up with so many friends. I wonder when will be next time we will be seeing each other.

5 years passes in a blink. So many people and events crossed path with my life. All the classes, exams, and of course great peoples that I had met will be engraved in my heart. Ah...McD session, Sing K, Library hopping, Dull lecture, lots of FCM makan, 1U Shopping, Alamanda lepak-ing.....those were the days. And reallly hope that Pure E gathering will be held anually, be it at Genting, Pizza Uno, chinese restaurant, PD beach or watever place.


0 comments: